Sunday, June 20, 2010

100 leaves ?


I read that you shouldn't let the actual pumpkin start growing until you have at least 100 leaves. That's right, 100! SHAQ has about 6 leaves but that is including the 2 oval shaped ones that aren't "true" leaves. I think I'll count them anyway. I also read another pumpkin blog where the guy already has pumpkins growing. It looks like SHAQ is a month or more behind. Oh well, good thing I'm not competing with him. Compare this recent pic with the last one that was taken four days ago. The 5Th leaf has more than octupled in size. You can also see the thermometer in the background. It only reads 90 today (actual temp outside is 80 degrees) but that is because it is pretty windy, and the air doesn't have time to heat up like on a calm day. Calm days show readings of 110 or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment