Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kansas

Yesterday it was Rhode Island, today it was Kansas. You know what people think of when they hear Kansas right? .... That's right, Dorothy, Toto, and the Wizard of Oz. The Luv Shaq was about 2 strands of duct tape from being blown into Wyoming. The swing set was tipped over, the garage door is broken, and the greenhouse is barely standing. By the time I came home the wind had stopped and it was beautiful weather, but I could tell something had came through my yard. All I kept hearing in my head was that stupid lollipop song that those little people sing in the Wizard of Oz. I walked around picking up the debris that was all over the yard. Sand box toys, garden tools, branches, garbage, dirty diapers, and the last thing I saw was something shiny near the greenhouse. I walked over and I kid you not, ...................ruby red slippers. I picked them up and hucked em' into the wheat field.

There's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment